WordPress Wednesday #12 Tip – Adding Alt Tags to Images
Reading Time: 2 minutes
Want to know a great way to easily improve your SEO ranking? Then #WordPress Wednesday Tip 12 is for you! One of the easiest ways to rank higher in Google searches is to add alt tags to your blog images. How do you do this? It’s easy if you follow the 4 steps in this week’s WordPress Wednesday Tip – Adding Alt Tags to Images!
WordPress Wednesday Tip #12 – Adding Alt Tags to Images
2. Click on the photo in your media gallery.
3. You now have image information and options for your photo on the right hand of the screen. Type in the Alt Text into the box. (Bonus SEO Tip: Use the same keyword or keyword phrase as the post)
4. Click ‘Insert into Post’ (or ‘Set Featured Image’ if this is the photo you are assigning an alt tag to).
Have you already inserted your image, or have published posts that you want to better optimize? No problem!
Adding Alt Tags to Images that have Already Been Inserted into a Post
1. Click on the photo in your post. A strip of editing options will open.
2. Click on the pencil icon. The Image Details pop up will open.
3. Add your alt text to the image. Don’t forget to your your post’s keywords.
4. Click the blue ‘Update Image’ button in the lower right corner.
You did it! You added alt text to your image and have taken a step to improved search engine rankings! Congratulations!
Like this tip? Share it with your friends!
And check out some of these other helpful WordPress Tips!
#WordPress Wednesday Tip #11 – Creating a New Post
#WordPress Wednesday Tip #10 – Managing Your Media Gallery
#WordPress Wednesday Tip #9 – How To Add A Page
#WordPress Wednesday Tip #8 – Using Screen Options
#WordPress Wednesday Tip #7 – How to Edit a Page
#WordPress Wednesday Tip #6 – Managing Comments
#WordPressWednesday Tip #5 – How to Edit Permalinks
#WordPressWednesday Tip #4 – How to Add Featured Images
#WordPressWednesday Tip #3: How to schedule posts
#WordPressWednesday Tip #2: How to add links in any post or page
#WordPressWednesday Tip #1: How to insert a picture into a post or page