Share This Post
WordPress Wednesday #11 Tip – Creating A New Post
Reading Time: 3 minutes
Resolve to blog more for your business in 2017? Great! Then this week’s #WordPress Wednesday Tip #11 – Creating a New Post is for you! It’s so easy, you might just start blogging every day! Let’s get started…
1. Hover over ‘Post’ on your Dashboard.
2. Click ‘Add New’.
3. Give your post a title.
4. Add the text of the blog into the body area.
5. To add photos, videos, etc. Click ‘Add Media’. A pop up will open.
a. Either select from the Media Library or Upload Files from your computer
b. Once you select an image by clicking it, add any additional ‘Attachment Details’.
6. Click ‘Insert into post’.
7. Select the category that corresponds with the blog.
a. You can add additional categories by clicking ‘Add New Category’.
8. Add tags (keywords).
9. Always add a Featured Image. This makes the photo on the blog roll.
****Note: Do not add the image you want to use as featured into the actual blog or you will add it twice.
10. Preview the post.
11. Either ‘Save As Draft’ (if you want to continue working later), Schedule the Post, or Publish it immediately.
******Note: If you want to schedule the post, make sure you use military time.
Were we right? Isn’t that easy?
By the way, if you haven’t seen our previous #WordPressWednesday Tips click below:
#WordPress Wednesday Tip #10 – Managing Your Media Gallery
#WordPress Wednesday Tip #9 – How To Add A Page
#WordPress Wednesday Tip #8 – Using Screen Options
#WordPress Wednesday Tip #7 – How to Edit a Page
#WordPress Wednesday Tip #6 – Managing Comments
#WordPressWednesday Tip #5 – How to Edit Permalinks
#WordPressWednesday Tip #4 – How to Add Featured Images
#WordPressWednesday Tip #3: How to schedule posts
#WordPressWednesday Tip #2: How to add links in any post or page
#WordPressWednesday Tip #1: How to insert a picture into a post or page