WordPress Wednesday Tip #1
Reading Time: 2 minutes
This week we kick off our #WordPressWednesday Tips. These are weekly tips on everything and anything related to WordPress. If you would like to receive these tips directly to your inbox sign up here: http://eepurl.com/cajoKX. This Week’s #WordPressWednesday tip is:
How to insert a picture into a post or page
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard. Usually the URL address is yourdomain.com/wp-login.php
- From the navigation panel, create a new post. (Hover over “Posts”. Click “Add New”)
- In the body of your post click “Add Media”. .
- On the next screen click on the “Upload Files” tab to upload a new image from your computer OR click “Media Library” to browse images already uploaded to your media gallery.
- On the right hand side, under “Attachment Details” are options for your image.
- Add a new Title, Caption, Alt Text, and Descprition. We recommend adding Alt Text at the very least. Alt Text is short for alternative text for your image.
- Select the preferred image alignment, Link To and Size for your post or page. We recommend changing the Link To, to “None” if your image will not be linked to anything.
- Click the blue, “Insert into Post” when finished.
Always make sure to Preview your post or page before publishing.
If you find our #WordPressWednesday tips helpful make sure to like, share or retweet our posts!
See you next week!